VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

USRT Fueling Solutions

235K views 350 replies 103 participants last post by  twin2turbo87 
#1 ·

And, more importantly do you know exactly what combination of injectors, fuel pressure, and pump you'll need for your project? We'll help you calculate a fueling solution that is designed for your exact engine configuration, fuel quality, and desired power level. Top tuners and software vendors rely on USRT fueling parts and technical guidance. Now it's your turn.
Fuel Injectors

Select from Vortex's most complete range of injectors for highly-tuned engines. Custom flows and fitments are available upon request.
1.8T Fuel Rail Spacers

Conveniently eliminate dangerous leaks and gas smells after injector upgrades. Our kit is the most complete and least-expensive on the market.
Adjustable FPRs

Fitments for both aftermarket rails and stock 1.8T, VR6, and crossflow 8v engines.
Fuel Pumps

Walbro, Bosch Motorsports, and Aeromotive pumps kits for "mild" to wild.
Non-stop Tech:
USRT 1.8T injector database.
Are you an "Engine Hero"?

Modified by Scott@USRT at 9:43 AM 6-18-2006

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (benzivr6)

Yes, we are developing that exact product somewhere in the depths of our corporate research facility. Expect it to dominate at all NOPI and Hot Import Nights events. This will provide the edge that all serious dubbers need to win.

Modified by Scott@USRT at 9:14 AM 8-8-2005

#5 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (need_a_VR6)

I need a solution for my car.
I have an aeromotive a1000, with a fitting tapped into the bottom of the tank, but I think the pump is ****ed, and I was getting caviting/starvation.
I plan on making 400-420whp at the most.
mk2 16vT.
What do you suggest scott? I'm basically just looking for a proper way to deliver the fuel to the inline pump.

Modified by skillton at 2:15 AM 8-11-2005

#6 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (Scott@USRT)

Scott, thanks for the reply via IM. I am buying an sds and have ordered 42lb bosch injectors already from injector.com. I could have ordered these through you buy I was just impatient yesterday and wanted to get the stuff on order quickly. But I am thinking I'll need hoses, fittings, fpr, etc. to connect the Ross fuel rail. I have a fairly new stock in tank fuel pump and external pump. How much HP can these support?
Short term goal is just to run normally aspirated, then install a turbo and intercooler later for anywhere from 250-300 max hp. Probably won't even do that much but couldn't say for certain. This is on a 2.0l 16v engine.
Thanks, Chad

Modified by chadr at 9:54 AM 8-11-2005

#7 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (skillton)

Quote, originally posted by skillton »
I have an aeromotive a1000, with a fitting tapped into the bottom of the tank, but I think the pump is ****ed, and I was getting caviting/starvation... What do you suggest scott? I'm basically just looking for a proper way to deliver the fuel to the inline pump.

Well, the question is why the A1000 failed in the first place. Usually it is because it became clogged with dirt. Did you run filters inline with with both before and after? There are two part numbers, 12304 and 12301, that are designed to work with this pump. It is critical for the pump's health that you run the 12304 between it and the tank. And, it is important for your injector's function that you use the 12301 after the pump.
What size fuel line did you run? The A1000 is happiest with -10AN line/fittings between itself and the tank, -8AN to the fuel rail, and -6AN return line. Relying on the stock lines after the pump could certainly lead to premature failure.

#8 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (chadr)

Quote, originally posted by chadr »
Scott, thanks for the reply via IM. I am buying an sds and have ordered 42lb bosch injectors already from injector.com.

I hope you didn't end up paying for one injector what we charge for a whole set! Marren is a fine company, but they're certainly not afraid to charge!
Anyway, we have a standalone option that is far more powerful than SDS yet is a fraction of the price. It is called "Fire and Fuel" and is an evolution of the ever-popular MegaSquirt platform. Please click that link on our 90% finished website and share your thoughts! We also provide O34EFI Stage IIc which is on yet another level of performance and refinement. It is costs more than both F&F and SDS, but the value is there when you need the advanced features.
Quote »
But I am thinking I'll need hoses, fittings, fpr, etc. to connect the Ross fuel rail. I have a fairly new stock in tank fuel pump and external pump. How much HP can these support? Short term goal is just to run normally aspirated, then install a turbo and intercooler later for anywhere from 250-300 max hp. Probably won't even do that much but couldn't say for certain. This is on a 2.0l 16v engine.

Adapt your stock fuel lines and set your adjustable fpr to 4bar to support 300whp with those 42lb injectors. Your CIS pump is strong enough already, so keep it. This combination will work well with your NA configuration as well. Sure, the injector dutycycle will be extremely low, but that is totally fine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Cheers,
P.S. Check your IM for information about the Aeromotive 13101 fpr.

#9 ·

Quote, originally posted by Scott@USRT »
Well, the question is why the A1000 failed in the first place. Usually it is because it became clogged with dirt. Did you run filters inline with with both before and after? There are two part numbers, 12304 and 12301, that are designed to work with this pump. It is critical for the pump's health that you run the 12304 between it and the tank. And, it is important for your injector's function that you use the 12301 after the pump.
What size fuel line did you run? The A1000 is happiest with -10AN line/fittings between itself and the tank, -8AN to the fuel rail, and -6AN return line. Relying on the stock lines after the pump could certainly lead to premature failure.

It's fed thru a -10AN line, but it had a Earls performance filter just before the pump instead of the aeromotive one, it does have the other filter made by aeromotive tho. It also has -10an line going to the fuel rail.

#16 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (keith_r2)

Quote, originally posted by keith_r2 »
I asked a simular question on the 20th August.
I guess that they dont

Sorry for not responding, guys. At the moment we have some pre-production parts made, tested, and working great. However, in order to offer the product at an affordable price we need to do volume that will only come once we nail down some deals with resellers. We're working on those deals as we speak. So, right now the straight answer is that we're not offering those injectors. However, once a few arrangements are made there is no reason why we won't be able to make you guys happy. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#19 ·

ok second quesion then is there a good standalone at a resonalble price for a vr6 turbo with mark iv.. or would it be cheaper to just change to mkiii fuel rail and manifold... is there any leway with uping injector size that an ecu may not be tuned to...

#20 ·
Re: USRT Fueling Solutions (VWJETTAVR67)

Well, "reasonable" means different things, so what kind of price point are you looking to hit? I rep both O34EFI and Fire & Fuel. Both of them offer excellent bang for the buck in their own respects.
As for the injectors, I can provide drop-in 360cc and 630cc for the Mk4 12v engines (with nothing in between). C2 has great 440cc software and custom tuning is available if you need to go beyond that point. Let me know what you are trying to accomplish and I can be more specific with the advice. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#21 ·

k if you have drop in injectors would i be able to run them on a stage 2 eip chip... the block is stock but i will be getting a built bottom end 8.5:1 compression and want to push 20 psi im sure i can run the 330cc but will i need a new chip or can i get away with it.. possibility of changing to the mkiii intake manifold... right now if i go standalone i want something basically for fuel cause the chip is timed for 20 psi... i just dont wana keep maxing out my stock 17lb injectors... thank you and if you need more info let me know... right now wimping 265whp and 270tq to the wheels on stock compression and internals at 9 psi... with an additionall 1000cc injector running super rich in the 10s

#22 ·

Whenever you change your fuel injector size you must recalibrate the software to get proper results. But, since that "Stage 2" system depends on an FMU to increase fuel flow under boost you're already far away from the ideal set up, imo. If you're planning on standalone management or "just" a normal chip solution, I'd drop that FMU and current software in a heartbeat. Install some ~360cc injectors and run them at a friendly 3bar for fine results. A switch to an earlier VR6 intake manifold will make your life easier with much more flexible fueling options.

#24 ·

If you run those injectors at 3bar you should be able to support around 300bhp, I figure. At 4bar you could probably get another 50bhp. As for the standalone management USRT provides Fire & Fuel as well as O34EFI. With that said I would go in the O34 direction for sure. F&F is primarily geared towards the Mk1 - Mk3 4-cyl cars right now. O34EFI, on the other hand, will support the Mk4 dashboard as well as other advanced features that are helpful for the later engines/cars.

#26 ·

The next size up are the big ol' 630cc which will comfortably support around 450whp (running at 3bar). You're going to have to run a strong pump to support them. A Walbro 255lph is up to the task, and then there is also a Bosch Motorsports option that we can provide if you're willing to invest a bit more hard-earned cash. The Bosch pumps are quieter and probably more durable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.