BMW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Is it at least going to look similar to this? I really don't like the stock XenForo look? I hope we don't end up with a ton of ads on the right side of the screen, either, as all these XenForo forums end up doing.

·
Registered
45,301 Posts
During a pandemic just 6 days before the US elections? WCGW? :laugh:

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Not bad, I wonder if that is what https://www.civicx.com/forum is running (which I like).
Why does that field of "member posted images" need to constantly be on the side? Or am I just seeing that since I'm not a member?

I've seen other forums like that where there's content that isn't relevant and just end up cluttering the screen.

And please no gifs in signatures with unlimited characters. :mad:

·
Registered
35,395 Posts
Why does that field of "member posted images" need to constantly be on the side? Or am I just seeing that since I'm not a member?

I've seen other forums like that where there's content that isn't relevant and just end up cluttering the screen.

And please no gifs in signatures with unlimited characters. :mad:
No idea, but I agree, it can be too much. I'd rather see that than a wall of ads though so...

I imagine everything can be tweaked, so it's really going to be up to our Overlords how it is set up. I'd hope they at least start with a minimalist set up, to ease the transisiton.

I agree that we do not need gigantic signatures, CivicX doesn't have those either.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts

·
Registered
45,301 Posts
During a pandemic just 6 days before the US elections? WCGW? :laugh:

Actually the administrators of this forum should wait until about 2 weeks after the election and they won't even need to change the forum software because the above is what will probably happen due to the election anyway, and the internet will no longer exist.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
The TDIClub Forums recently switched from vBulletin to XenForo and I think they've managed to wrestle it into as much of a concise and clutter-free layout as is possible:

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php

I'll miss the classic VWVortex / TCL look, which had remained remarkably unchanged from the original software (I forget its name, but its author went nuts and started charging extortionate prices, forcing everyone to abandon it) when it switched to vBulletin.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can live with Xenforo.

The driver behind this is the fact that integrating modern ad service networks into the legacy VBulletin software is a huge cluster**** (as we've all experienced with the page-breaking inline ads and videos). This place still gets a huge number of monthly page views even in spite of the fact that message boards have lost a ton of ground to Facebook and social media groups, so it's no surprise that they're upgrading the architecture to take advantage of the ad sales that are left.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
The TDIClub Forums recently switched from vBulletin to XenForo and I think they've managed to wrestle it into as much of a concise and clutter-free layout as is possible:

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php

I'll miss the classic VWVortex / TCL look, which had remained remarkably unchanged from the original software (I forget its name, but its author went nuts and started charging extortionate prices, forcing everyone to abandon it) when it switched to vBulletin.
That doesn't look horrible. And I don't mind the single picture under people's username.

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
The clean white/blue look of this place has always been a plus for me since it looks like Outlook from 15 or 20 feet away.

That TDIClub theme looks fine to me, with more modern style and typography throughout while still being restrained. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
19,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Zeroforum was the original platform.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
^^ I really liked the original software format on here,it was sad to see it go.The current vBulletin is just ok as far as websites go.Looking forward to the new format :) gotta be better than this,right? :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 160 Posts